Friday, March 27, 2015

Orange Crush Cupcakes & Wilton Color Cups

Getting lost in the Pinterest world is nuts at times.  Your intention is to quickly log in for something specific and 8 hours later you're finding out that if a giraffe drinks hot coffee it will be cold by the time it reaches its stomach.


However, in those lost 8 hours you stumble upon some seriously AWESOME stuff!  Like the Orange Cream Cupcakes I found on I heart Nap Time.  Click the link and try the recipe!  For some reason I couldn't find orange extract in my local grocery store so I substituted it with a 1/2 tsp of orange crush, 1/8 tsp of vanilla, and a bit of Orange Gel colouring & they turned out just fine.  Actually better than fine - they are down right delish! Super cute too, right?



The one thing I hate about traditional patterned cupcake liners is that you'd find an amazing design to fit perfectly to your theme but by the time they were done baking you might have well used the plain white ones. The pattern was lost due to the cupcakes bleeding through the paper.  So, when I found the Wilton Color Cups I was overjoyed!  These baby's are foil lined and come in the most beautiful designs.  Check them out here .  As you can see in the pic's above the design is still bright & beautiful and as a bonus the foil lining makes them sturdier than traditional cups.



In my opinion keep the paper liners for your muffins. Beautify your cupcakes!

Stay Sweet!
Tammy

Disclaimer:  The opinions stated in this post are my own.  No compensation was received for this review.



No comments:

Post a Comment