Saturday, April 4, 2015

No Scrubs?

Anyone that knows me in real life can attest that even at almost 40 years old I will get asked for ID more often than not when getting into clubs or buying anything that requires me to be the age of majority (for my area that's 19).  Honestly! It happened last night when I went to pick up some wine at the LCBO (for my out of province/Canada readers that is where we, in Ontario, have to buy our liquor.) And let's get this straight - from the signs that are posted, if a person looks under 25 they are required to ask for ID.  So I take from this that I look between the age of 18 & 25.  Not so bad really, I love the look of shock on people's faces when I tell them I have 18 year old daughter.

What's my secret?  Staying hydrated is important, of course. But that's usually not enough if you're like me.  My skin gets soooooooo dry, especially in the harsh winter's, that I itch like crazy.  It was so bad that I've woken in the morning and I've scratched my legs raw WHILE I was sleeping! Not pretty. AT. ALL. Part of my routine to combat this problem is using The Body Shop 's Body Scrub .


I was lucky enough to get this jar of chocolately goodness as a birthday gift from my BFF.  She knows me too well <3 . There's an amazing selection of other scents if chocolate isn't your thing.  I love all things that smell like chocolate, vanilla, shea butter so it blends well with my other beauty products.  But if you're more of a citrus/fruity lover try the Pink Grapefruit or Mango, yum! Click the link above and find your fav - you won't regret it!

The best way I've found to get the optimum results is take the jar into the shower with you and scrub while you're in there before using you body wash.  You only need a small amount so don't over do it. Give your legs and arms a good scrub and concentrate on your joints, knees, ankles, elbows.  And don't forget your upper chest and lower neck.  Nothing will age you faster than a dull upper chest.  It's one of those places that you don't think about until it's almost too late. Rinse, wash, and shave as usual.  Pat yourself dry, NEVER scrub, and moisturize.  You'll be silky smooth and smelling fab!  

I only have to use the scrub once or twice a week but if you have really dry skin and you're just starting out, use the scrub every other shower for the first week and then once a week after that. A full size jar lasts me about 4 - 5 months so don't let the $20 price tag scare you off.  It's well worth it and they go on sale quite frequently for the budget conscious of us. Plus, the Greenie in me loves that The Body Shop is environmentally and animal friendly.  

Another bonus to the all natural products the The Body Shop uses is - if you have sensitive skin, like me, you'll be less likely to have a reaction.  Of all the products I've used I've never had to worry about breaking out with anything I've bought from them.





Stay Sweet!
Tammy


Disclaimer: The views in this post are all my own and is not endorsed in any way by The Body Shop.  All trademarks belong exclusively to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment